Municipalities-Destinations: How can I become a Member?
A Municipality can join the “Bike Friendly” network provided that it satisfies a minimum number of criteria. The criteria are divided into mandatory and optional ones.
- Information about Bike services / bike tourism on the Municipality’s website.
- Area map with cycling routes within the Municipality’s geographical boundaries.
- Bike rental availability by businesses located at the Municipality (rent a car, rent a bike or bike rental availability/free of charge by hotels).
- Bike service businesses within the Municipality’s geographical boundaries.
(The Municipality must meet at least 4 of the following criteria).
- Bike routes within the geographical boundaries of the Municipality.
- Parking places exclusively for bicycles.
- Bike sharing system supervised by the Municipality.
- Bike events (day, week etc).
- Bike tours (organised either by the Municipality, or by businesses, federations etc).
- Bike brochure or map with cycling routes availability in printed or electronic form.
- Municipality participation-representation in tourism exhibitions (domestic or abroad).
- Bike Friendly Hotels within the geographical boundaries of the Municipality (please click here).
“Bike Friendly” Network membership is proposed for a 3-year term. The cost is proportional to the population of the Municipality, as follows:
|Up to 50.000||2.500*|
The above prices are per year, with a 3-years minimum subscription period.